[erlang-questions] Missing binary BIFs

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Feb 9 11:27:08 CET 2012

While seemingly practical, I'm not sure why I would want any place in my
code where I wouldn't be sure what the input type is. Even with dialyzer
checks I'm sure I would make false assumptions and get surprises here
and there.

I also would like an efficient solution, both in processing speed and
memory use. Converting to list then binary isn't that great, even less
so after module:function calls with guards.

Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy
Nine Nines