[erlang-questions] Large-scale Erlang in practice

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Tue Feb 7 20:49:15 CET 2012

Max Bourinov wrote:
> I believe that Erlang is perfect the way it is.
>
> I see problem in absence of good IDE/editors for Erlang (yes, emacs is
> way not perfect).
>
> If there will be a tool like IntelliJ IDEA for Erlang, there will be
> no problems with typing very_long_names any more. Auto completion rules.

I'm starting to think that a smalltalk-like toolset would be great for
Erlang - browsers, inspectors, etc. for a long-running environment.  A
lot of the pieces already exist, it would seem to be a matter of
integration.