[erlang-questions] newbie question: multiple shells, same VM?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Thu Feb 2 10:29:42 CET 2012

Hi,

Please pardon a perhaps silly newbie question.

I'm just beginning to learn Erlang, and as I start playing with code
that involves multiple concurrent processes, I find myself wanting to
have multiple windows open, each running an Erlang shell, but all
running on the same VM -- e.g., so I can interact with one process via
one window and another process through a 2nd window, while those
processes are both running in the same Erlang environment.  (I.e., the
same behavior one has with a regular Unix shell - open a new window,
it's a new process, but it's running on a common underlying O/S instance).

Which leads to the question: Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman