[erlang-questions] Orthogonality and Principle of least surprise Was: chained functions

Jakob Praher jakob@REDACTED
Wed Feb 1 11:11:28 CET 2012

Jup, I have read that the binary tuple construct is deprecated.

I am just wondering what the benefits of using "fun module:fun/0" are. It is also just a designator (a reference) and has to be evaluated at runtime to get the address of the current function loaded. I can think that "fun module:fun/0" is used to be more familiar with anonymous functions.

According to parse_erl.yrl atom:atom is an expression (matched by expr_800), right?

expr_800 mathces "expr_900 ':' expr_max" and
expr_900 matches "expr_max"
expr_max matches "atomic"
atomic matches "atom"

function_call -> expr_800 argument_list :
{call,?line('$1'),'$1',element(1, '$2')}.

Best,
Jakob