[erlang-questions] strangeness with sftpd opening files for write

Alex Babkin ababkin@REDACTED
Thu Dec 27 00:56:22 CET 2012

seems like my issue has to do with this bit of (unfinished? see the
comment) code. Seems that the code is 3 years old.
I have a hunch that the difference in behavior i see is due to the Vsn
difference. Any way to alter what's read as Vsn anywhere? (i presume it's a
version of some sort)

open(Vsn, ReqId, Data, State) when Vsn =< 3 ->
    <<?UINT32(BLen), BPath:BLen/binary, ?UINT32(PFlags),
     _Attrs/binary>> = Data,
    Path = binary_to_list(BPath),
    Flags = ssh_xfer:decode_open_flags(Vsn, PFlags),
    do_open(ReqId, State, Path, Flags);
open(Vsn, ReqId, Data, State) when Vsn >= 4 ->
    <<?UINT32(BLen), BPath:BLen/binary, ?UINT32(Access),
     ?UINT32(PFlags), _Attrs/binary>> = Data,
    Path = binary_to_list(BPath),
    FlagBits = ssh_xfer:decode_open_flags(Vsn, PFlags),
    AcessBits = ssh_xfer:decode_ace_mask(Access),
    %% TODO: This is to make sure the Access flags are not ignored
    %% but this should be thought through better. This solution should
    %% be considered a hack in order to buy some time. At least
    %% it works better than when the Access flags where totally ignored.
    %% A better solution may need some code refactoring that we do
    %% not have time for right now.
    AcessFlags = decode_4_acess(AcessBits),
    Flags = lists:append(lists:umerge(
			   [[decode_4_flags(FlagBits)] | AcessFlags])),