[erlang-questions] [ANN] Ranch 0.6.0 Xmas Edition Released

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Dec 24 23:42:43 CET 2012

Ho ho ho!

I have just tagged version 0.6.0 of the Ranch project!

Ranch is a socket acceptor pool for TCP protocols.

   https://github.com/extend/ranch

Ranch is used by the next version of Cowboy, 0.8.0, set to be released
early February, but also in Basho's Riak multi-data center replication
amongst others.

All tickets have been resolved. A significant contribution was made by
Andrew Majorov to improve the fault tolerance capabilities of the
application, making sure it always restarts properly when things go
wrong. This has been made possible thanks to the amazing project from
Daniel Luna, chaos_monkey (https://github.com/dluna/chaos_monkey).

The guide has also been improved and completed.

   http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/ranch/HEAD/guide/introduction

If the guide isn't enough, drop by our new IRC channel dedicated to
Cowboy, Ranch and all our other projects! #ninenines on Freenode.

Following is the list of change since last time:

  *  Improve fault tolerance thanks to chaos_monkey testing
  *  Add 'nodelay' option to transports
  *  Add 'verify' option to ranch_ssl transport
  *  Add 'socket' option to pass an already open socket to the listener
  *  Add Transport:sendfile/2 function (uses a fallback if unavailable)
  *  Allow IP tuples in Transport:connect/3
  *  Add ranch:set_max_connections/2 to update the value live
  *  Add ranch:get_max_connections/1 to retrieve it

We are always looking for feedback, especially now that there is no
ticket left open on this project. If you are using Ranch and have
questions or needs that it doesn't cover, please send them to us.

Commercial support will be available starting from January, ping me if
you are interested. Details will be announced at a later time on the
ninenines.eu mailing list.

I want to thank all contributors for helping this project by opening
tickets, sending patches and offering feedback. I am as always very
grateful for any and all contributions. I wouldn't have made it this far
without the tremendous help I receive everyday.

Thanks to all and have a nice holiday!

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Santa