[erlang-questions] Beginner questions

OJ Reeves oj@REDACTED
Mon Dec 24 10:35:36 CET 2012

All,

The first issue is that the init() function isn't correct for this
gen_server.

On line 83, the init function starts like this:
init(S) ->
When it should (apparently) be like this:
init([S]) ->

This doesn't make the server run though. The next error states:

6> population_monitor:start().
******** Population monitor started with parameters:{state,
                                                     [gt],
                                                     test,[],[],undefined,

 undefined,undefined,[],0,
                                                     0,0,0,0,undefined,
                                                     undefined,undefined,
                                                     undefined,undefined,
                                                     undefined,0.5,10,10,
                                                     mathema,100,100000,inf,
                                                     undefined,false}
{error,{{badrecord,population},
        [{population_monitor,extract_AgentIds,2,
                             [{file,"population_monitor.erl"},{line,372}]},
         {population_monitor,init,1,
                             [{file,"population_monitor.erl"},{line,89}]},
         {gen_server,init_it,6,[{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,304}]},
         {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,
                   [{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,227}]}]}}

I get the feeling that there's going to be more stuff requiring fixes as
you go. Perhaps the best thing its to get in touch with the author directly
and find out about the state of the source base before continuing.

Cheers
OJ

OJ Reeves
+61 431 952 586