[erlang-questions] Dependencies on library applications

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Dec 17 17:00:43 CET 2012

On 12/17/2012 04:54 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
>> On 12/17/2012 03:20 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Loďc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
>>>
>>> -snip-

>>> Are you not talking about included applications?
>>>
>>> http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/included_applications.html
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Included applications are normal applications that are included into another
>> application's supervision tree directly.
>
> You're just quoting the docs :)

No I know about them, because...

> They don't *have* to be included in anything -- but they are
> nonetheless listed as a dependency. The point is that they aren't
> started by init on behalf of your app.
>
> Does listing the app in the included_applications list present a
> particular problem for your case?

AFAIK, you can only have one application defined as an
included_application anywhere. You can't have 2 applications depend on
app_X with both listing it in included_applications.

That's pretty much all I know about them, but maybe I'm wrong. :)

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy