[erlang-questions] [ANN] erlymock 4.0.0

Sven Heyll sven.heyll@REDACTED
Sun Dec 16 20:24:16 CET 2012

Hi list,

a new release of erlymock was uploaded to github,
containing a single new function 'em:await(Mock, ExpectationRef)':

http://sheyll.github.com/erlymock/em.html#await-2

It can be used
1. to block the test until some async invokation of a mocked function has
happened and
2. to 'capture' the parameters and pid of an invokation.

Internally we usually use a fun that send some message to the test process
as parameter to em:strict/5 in combination with 'receive' to block the test
process.

With this release this should not be necessary anymore.

Calling 'em:strict/4,5' will now return a reference to the expectation
which can be passed to 'em:await/2' to wait for that expecation.

I really think, as small as this change seems, it is useful enough to be
announced.

Also this is release has a new major version: 4.0.0. From now on semantic
versioning 2.0.0-rc1 will be followed.

Cheers,
Sven