[erlang-questions] Any tcp related changes in R15B* that might cause this?

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 17:32:11 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Anthony Molinaro <
anthonym@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> It may not be directly caused by your patch, but that was the first
> patch that stuck out when I started looking through the readmes for the
> releases.  I've not been able to untangle mochiweb enough to do a test
> without it, so attached is a test file which uses mochiweb.
>
> If you compile it, you should see this with R14B04
>
> Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [rq:2]
> [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>
> Eshell V5.8.5  (abort with ^G)
> 1> mochi_test:start().
> {ok,<0.44.0>}
> 2> mochi_test:test(10000).
> {ok,{{"HTTP/1.1",400,"Bad Request"},
>      [{"date","Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:36:06 GMT"},
>       {"server","MochiWeb/1.0 (Any of you quaids got a smint?)"},
>       {"content-length","0"}],
>      []}}
> 3>
>
> and this with R15B02
>
> Erlang R15B02 (erts-5.9.2) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [async-threads:0]
> [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>
> Eshell V5.9.2  (abort with ^G)
> 1> mochi_test:start().
> {ok,<0.44.0>}
> 2> mochi_test:test(10000).
> {error,socket_closed_remotely}
> 3>
>
> I used Mochiweb 2.3.1 and compiled it and the test code with R14B04, then
> ran the test with the 2 different versions.  Discovering the exact errors
> consisted of adding some debug output to mochiweb_http:headers/5 and
> mochiweb_http:request/2 in the _Other clauses.
>
> After talking with the mochiweb devs on the mochiweb group, I'll probably
> submit a patch there to deal with the tcp_error, but it would be
> interesting
> to know what caused the behavior change.
>
> Looking forward to any results you might get,

Hi Anthony, based on your example, it looks like a follow-up commit that
modified some of the changes introduced by my patch introduced the issue
you're seeing: commit dc5f7190. You might want to report it over on
erlang-bugs.

--steve