[erlang-questions] gen_server bottleneck

Saravanan Vijayakumaran sarva.v@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 14:39:07 CET 2012

Hi all,
        I have been trying to write a network simulator in Erlang modelled
on ns-3. The code can be found at https://github.com/avras/nsime

NSIME is a discrete event simulator where a registered gen_server process
nsime_simulator holds all the events to be simulated in a gb_trees sorted
by event time. This process has become a bottlneck when the simulation is
large as multiple entities try to schedule events by doing a call on the
single nsime_simulator process. I am still a newbie in Erlang profiling so
this is more of a hunch arising from running the example scenarios.

How can I remove this bottleneck?

Thanks in advance
sarva