[erlang-questions] Erlang NFS client

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Sun Dec 9 02:37:49 CET 2012

Tony Rogvall <tony@REDACTED> wrote:

tr> This code was initially written by me. With improvements by Martin
tr> Björklund, Luke Gorrie wrote the NFS examples. Later the code was
tr> "stolen" by Sendmail.  I was really upset when I heard that Sendmail
tr> had put copyright on "my" code, the reason was very business driven
tr> "The boss decided that we had to do it" :-)

Hi, Tony.  As one of the guilty back then, I don't recall it being a
matter of clobbering copyright but a matter of adding explicit license
terms on the modifications that Sendmail, Inc. people made (including
myself at the time).  You certainly still have copyright claims on that
code.

Max, we found that code immensely useful a decade ago.  I'm glad it's
still in use.

-Scott