[erlang-questions] Erlang NFS client

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sat Dec 8 12:12:18 CET 2012

Just a historical note.

This code was initially written by me. With improvements by Martin Björklund,
Luke Gorrie wrote the NFS  examples. Later the code was "stolen" by Sendmail.

I was really upset when I heard that Sendmail had put copyright on "my" code,
the reason was very business driven "The boss decided that we had to do it" :-)

(anyone with the more info about this could fill in the embarrassing facts)

I will probably steel it back again, but for now just ignore the Copyright.

Well well

/Tony

On 8 dec 2012, at 10:58, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've took code from jungerl ( https://github.com/msantos/erpcgen is actual copy on github), generated stub code for mount3 and nfs_prot3 protocols and written a small wrapper around them.
>
> It works like a charm. Erlang can work with remote NFS storage (such as enterprise NAS) faster and better than kernel driver.
>
> For example scanning whole remote directory is done in async manner which is much faster than plain find /mount/remote -type f
>
> https://github.com/maxlapshin/nfs3
>
> Thanks for erpcgen!

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"