[erlang-questions] Recommended approach for dependency management during development

Vineet Naik naikvin@REDACTED
Fri Dec 7 15:32:54 CET 2012

Hi Garrett,

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:

> [...]
>

> At build time, rebar will download and build dependencies in a local
> "deps" dir.

Does it require that the dependencies be rebar compatible as well. Right
now I am having exmpp which doesn't use rebar and I guess doesn't have
the directory structure suitable for it.

With exmpp installed in default erlang search path, it's not an issue for
me at least during development but frankly I would be more happy with a
sandboxed environment similar to Python's virtualenv. Glad that rebar
downloads and builds dependencies local to the project. Will try if it
works
for non-rebar-compatible libs too.

Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot :-)

Regards,
Vineet