[erlang-questions] [gproc] How to broadcast message to all other processes except self

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue Dec 4 14:31:35 CET 2012

The function gproc:send/2, when used on a non-unique key, in essence does this:

   lists:foreach(fun(Pid) ->
                                        Pid ! Msg
                          end, gproc:lookup_pids(Key)),

So you can take that as a starting point, and add a clause that pattern-matches on the own pid, and then doesn't send a message in that case.

BR,
Ulf W

On 4 Dec 2012, at 13:21, Barco You wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I use gproc:reg to register all the processes to a KEY and through gproc:send(KEY, MSG) I can broadcast message to all the processes, including myself. But now I hope to send message to all the other processes except myself. How can I do it? Could you please illuminate ? Thank you.

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com