[erlang-questions] Which EEP would you pick as the most important one to implement next?

Fri Aug 31 11:56:22 CEST 2012

I'd definitely like EEP 16, the is_between/3 function (and usable in guards) I'd also like a clamp(X, Lo, Hi) with implementation:

clamp(X, Lo, Hi) ->
  min(max(X, Lo), Hi).

(Brace for mistakes - I might have gotten it wrong). The idea is to provide a limit on X. X will never go below Lo and will never go beyond Hi. It turns out that my code is using this quite a lot, and often in inner loops, so getting a fast variant could be useful.

Jesper Louis Andersen
  Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen