[erlang-questions] Graphing tools

Stu Bailey stu.bailey@REDACTED
Tue Aug 28 01:42:31 CEST 2012

There are several nice javascript data visualization tools here:

http://d3js.org/

It's straight forward to send lots of data from Erlang to Javascript
running in a web browser using:

* BERT (http://bert-rpc.org/)

* BERT-JS (https://github.com/rustyio/BERT-JS)

* Websockets (http://www.websocket.org/)

* Yaws (http://yaws.hyber.org/websockets.yaws)

The nice thing is that on the Erlang side you are just
sending/receiving Erlang terms (i.e no complicated marshaling and
un-marshaling on the Erlang side). So you can do the data
reduction/analysis/computation on the Erlang side and render the data
in some meaningful visual way on the Javascript (web browser) side.

Have fun!
Stu