[erlang-questions] Logger to log terms, that can contain unicode chars

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Mon Aug 27 17:40:59 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 03:12:30PM +0000, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> Hi erlangers,
>
> Could you suggest any logger that can accept erlang terms which contains strings with Unicode characters?
> Or could you suggest how the lager should be configured properly.
>
> I was not able to get correct string presentation with lager doing like so
> lager:info(“Info: ~p”, [{tuple, “string with umlauts u”}])

Looks like a bug to do with printing unicode with the ~p formatter,
things seem to work ok if you use ~s or ~ts.

Could you file a bug so I can look into it more when I have time?

Andrew