[erlang-questions] count events within last XX minutes

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Sun Aug 26 10:41:43 CEST 2012

On Sunday, August 26, 2012, Max Bourinov wrote:

> Lately when working on project with up to a million concurrent clients
>> connected I had to replace few instances of central servers with a public
>> ets'es to avoid bottlenecks under heavy concurrent access. So choice of
>> data storage may depend on what are access patterns of your data - i.e. how
>> concurrent reads and writes are.
>>
> That is a good point.
>
> I have idea how to utilize ETS in my case too: one process will write to
> ETS, and all other will read from ETS.
>
> The question now: will it benefit me or not?

Probably yes, if read_concurrency is enabled and you have enough concurrent
processes reading data. The best way to answer for sure is to implement
both and measure under some high load situation.