[erlang-questions] count events within last XX minutes

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Sun Aug 26 10:21:40 CEST 2012

>If you put stats into public ets, than collector will not be
>overloaded with requests.

This is interesting. I also have thoughts about avoid DOS. But I don't
understand how ETS will help here.

Here what I have. I have only one process that process clients requests. It
really doesn't make sense to have more processes because the process does
nothing but returns some pre-calculated value. If I store data in ETS my
process will have to do additional work - extracting data from ETS.

Or maybe I am missing something? Please give the right direction here. Or
maybe in my case it doesn't matter because my case is trivial?

Best regards,
Max