[erlang-questions] count events within last XX minutes

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Fri Aug 24 16:16:51 CEST 2012

Dear Erlangers,

Does anybody know best memory efficient way to count events within last XX
minutes?

So far I have the following idea: For each counter I have a process. The
counter process has a list of XX items. Each item represents a certain
minute, so I always know where is my current counter. There is also must be
a mechanism to remove last item from the list and add a new one. Summing
values from all items is a number of events within last XX minutes. This is
it.

Maybe there is a ready lib that does the same in a better way?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,
Max