[erlang-questions] installing erlang documentation

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Aug 1 07:13:50 CEST 2012

On 1/08/2012, at 6:13 AM, 7stud wrote:
> But I'm having no luck installing the erlang documentation.  I downloaded the binary version of fop and set my JAVA_HOME environment variable to /Library/Java/Home, and I can successfully echo $JAVA_HOME, but the fop command is not recognized on the command line:
>
> -bash: fop: command not found
>
> so I assume that means that the elrang installation can't use the fop command to install the documentation either.  At this point, I don't know what to do.

(A) Search the archives.  This problem is already documented on the Erlang
    web site.  When I ran into it, I installed fop.
	http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html
    I then ran into further problems, which weren't that hard to patch around,
    but which I don't remember.  I'd have to search the Erlang mailing list
    archives too.

(B) When I got fop going, the output was wrongly formatted.
    A lot of the spaces in C prototypes were missing.  And they
    were missing in all generated formats.

So my recommendation is to visit
	http://www.erlang.org/download.html
and download the HTML Documentation File and the Man Pages File
and use those.