[erlang-questions] installing erlang documentation

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@REDACTED
Wed Aug 1 05:29:25 CEST 2012

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by someone else before but "kerl" makes it really easy to download, to build, and to install your own Erlang system.

Here are the basics needed to get going quickly.

$ kerlinstall
$ kerlbuildotp
$ kerlinstallotp

Please customise as you see fit.

$ alias | grep kerl
alias kerlbuildotp='kerl build R13B04 r13b04; kerl build R14B04 r14b04; kerl build R15B01 r15b01'
alias kerlinstall='mkdir -p ~/bin; wget -q -O - https://raw.github.com/spawngrid/kerl/master/kerl > ~/bin/kerl; chmod a+x ~/bin/kerl; kerl update releases'
alias kerlinstallotp='kerl install r13b04 ~/.kerl/installations/r13b04; kerl install r14b04 ~/.kerl/installations/r14b04; kerl install r15b01 ~/.kerl/installations/r15b01'
alias kerlunbuildotp='kerl delete build r13b04; kerl delete build r14b04; kerl delete build r15b01'
alias kerluninstallotp='kerl delete installation ~/.kerl/installations/r13b04; kerl delete installation ~/.kerl/installations/r14b04; kerl delete installation ~/.kerl/installations/r15b01'

$ cat ~/.kerlrc
# -*- Sh -*-
# vim: set syntax=sh:

KERL_DISABLE_AGNER="yes"
KERL_USE_AUTOCONF="yes"
KERL_INSTALL_MANPAGES="yes"
KERL_INSTALL_HTMLDOCS="yes"
KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--enable-kernel-poll --enable-threads --enable-dynamic-ssl-lib --enable-shared-zlib --enable-smp-support"

case `uname -s` in
    Darwin)
        case `uname -m` in
            x86_64)
                KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS --enable-darwin-64bit"
                ;;
            *)
                KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS --enable-darwin-universal"
                ;;
        esac
        ;;
esac

KERL_DEPLOY_SSH_OPTIONS="-qx -o PasswordAuthentication=no"
KERL_DEPLOY_RSYNC_OPTIONS="--delete"