[erlang-questions] Artificial Intelligence and Erlang?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Mon Apr 30 17:18:55 CEST 2012

Yves S. Garret wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good source on AI and Erlang?  A book would be
> awesome!  Most of the sources that I see out there have Lisp as the
> functional programming language of choice.  Erlang seems like a better
> option given it's nature of distributed nature and ability to place a
> ton of processes in less space.

Not Erlang per se, but Erlang is really an implementation of the Actor
formalism.  You'll find a lot if you google on things like:
"actor model"
"actor formalism"
planner (the computer language)
"Carl Hewitt" - the father of the actor formalism

be warned, if you google on "artifical intelligence" + actors - you'll
get lots of pages on A.I. the movie :-)