[erlang-questions] EUnit error test: limit number of processes at runtime

Christian Kruse cjk@REDACTED
Sat Apr 28 19:19:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 28/04/12 19:11, Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> >for an Erlang project I'm working on (Open Source,
> ><https://github.com/ckruse/irckerl>  in case someone is curious) I'm
> >trying to test a possible error with spawning a process, e.g. maximum
> >number of processes reached. Since I don't want to spawn>  32k
> >processes for each test run, I'd like to limit the number of possible
> >processes for this test only.
> >
> >Is this possible? Or is there another solution I can use to test such
> >an error case?
>
> Have you considered using the +P option of erl?

Yes, but since I want to reduce this limit only for one specific test
it is not really a good solution. I would have to set the limit to a
specific number of processes for all tests and exceed that limit in
the error test. Of course it can be much lower than 32k processes for
the test run, but it would be much nicer to limit it only for this one
test.

Greetings,
 CK