[erlang-questions] The compiler "eats" structures which are not separated by commas

Jan Burse janburse@REDACTED
Fri Apr 27 13:57:06 CEST 2012

Jan Burse schrieb:
> For example one solution is to use global oriented
> vtables. That is the keys name space leads to indexes,
> and all frames will have the same eventually very large
> vtable. I am currently using this approach for
> Jekejeke Prolog, for thread local predicates. But
> would be interested in alternative solutions.

One more indirection and clever caching, I guess
it could be made more sparse to have zillions of
similar frames (so that both footprint and performance
is ok, and not only performance). Not yet implemented
in Jekejeke Prolog. Pure speculation, did not work it
out or write it on a back of an envelope. Just an
idea, since the sparseness problem bothers me.