[erlang-questions] [Dialyser] Type parametrized behaviours

Francesco Mazzoli francesco@REDACTED
Thu Apr 26 01:12:13 CEST 2012

Hi Kostis,

Thanks for your answer. I'll probably try to produce something more
precise when I have time, but me and Matthew gave more precise use cases
further in the thread, which hopefully clarify things (they did for
Stavros).

> If I understand what you are sketching correctly, the problem I see is
> that since there will be no definition for state() in the behaviour
> module, that module will impose no constraints on what state() can be.

No, my problem is that I want to defer the decision of state() to the
*implementing* behaviours, not the behaviour specs itself.

> Thus, your example is semantically equivalent to:
>
> -callback step(X) -> Y.

I don't follow you here, and I'm not sure what semantics you're
referring to... My example was just an example of a function with an
argument of a given type which returns something of the same type,
nothing more. The rest of your post follows these premises, so I'm not
sure what you're suggesting.

Francesco.