[erlang-questions] How to debug handle_info EXIT message?

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Apr 25 14:50:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 14:07, Martin Dimitrov <mrtndimitrov@REDACTED> wrote:
> The puzzling thing is that this message appears 1-2 sec after the start
> of the gen_server without any further interaction with it. At the end of
> Module:init/1 function I try to print information about this process:
>     process_info(list_to_pid("<0.2637.0>"))
> but returns 'undefined'.

You could try to setup tracing on all process events, to see when the
process is created and by whom.
erlang:trace(all, true, [procs, exiting])
It's best to setup a separate tracer message listener process for it.

regards,
Vlad