[erlang-questions] A plead to use tags (or equivalent in your SCM system)

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Wed Apr 25 11:26:48 CEST 2012

+1

It is very good practice to use tags to avoid such a problem.

Would be great, if lib maintainers will write in readme file how to include
deps in rebar.config in a proper way. Like this:

{webmachine, "1.9.*", {git, "git://github.com/basho/webmachine", {tag,

This is just one line of code, but it will eliminate the following case:

- Which version should I use? Hm no any info available in readme... Let's
try master... OK, master works...
... after some time ...
- Oh not! What's going on?? WHy? Why did it happen to me?

:-)

Best regards,
Max