[erlang-questions] The compiler "eats" structures which are not separated by commas

Jan Burse janburse@REDACTED
Tue Apr 24 10:06:09 CEST 2012

Richard O'Keefe schrieb:
> If you are the Jan Burse who did Jekejeke Prolog, you are
> a*master*  of Java and know a very great deal about Prolog.
> I'm sure you could master the Erlang reference manual.

The choice of an implementation language and implementation
platform need not be determined by the own weak ability to
code in the language. There can be other determinants.

In the present case my choice was motivated by the
following properties:
- Access to community and educational material.
- Safety of the resulting applications.
- Efficiency of the resulting applications.
- Portability of the resulting applications.
- Maintainabiliy of a large code base.

For the later I especially appreciate the amenability of
Java to cross referencing, code inspection and refactoring
thanks to its type system. IntelliJ is a great tool for
that, which has a very good code indexer.

Bye