[erlang-questions] Erlang multicore on AMD: 24 cores (48 pseudocores)

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 18 11:16:26 CEST 2012

Hi.

I have a computing task, which can be parallelized into 50 independent tasks.
I want to buy an 24 core Opteron-based computer for this and I want to
understand, if erlang will be able to use all these
cores effectively. This task is launched as 50 independent processes
that just work with their private set of data.

Maybe it is better to buy 6 computers with 4-core intel core i5, or
better to test?