[erlang-questions] How to handle a massive amount of UDP packets?

John-Paul Bader hukl@REDACTED
Tue Apr 17 22:40:29 CEST 2012

First of all we will share the code once we have some confidence that
our benchmarks are indeed doing something meaningful. Right now its all
a bit messy and the code changes frequently.

Now while we have implemented the client in erlang we have monitored
everything with:

netstat -w 1 -p udp -n
while true; do netstat -p udp -n -s; sleep 1; done
systat -ifstat 1
top

 From netstat's point of view it looked like our client was working
perfectly. Also the client was started in a different vm.

We have already thought about a proper c client but since the erlang
client seemed to work fine we didn't put our thoughts into action yet.

~ John