[erlang-questions] Make failing on Centos 5.8 for R15B01

Mike Kimber mkimber@REDACTED
Thu Apr 12 17:29:23 CEST 2012

Ok when I say production I mean it's a development environment controlled by some one else and not the virtualbox and vmware servers I have root access to, but I get and agree with your point although I'm not sure how I package up the three components into a rpm/tar I have built!

However I'd still like to understand what this error means and how to resolve it, so if any one has any ideas on how to do this they would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike

________________________________
From: dmitry kolesnikov [mailto:dmkolesnikov@REDACTED]
Sent: 12 April 2012 14:33
To: Mike Kimber
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Make failing on Centos 5.8 for R15B01

Hello,

Try to avoid erlang compilation on production servers. You can use systools to make a self contained tarball with your application at dev node  .

Best Regards,
Dmitry >-|-|-*>

On 12.4.2012, at 16.15, Mike Kimber <mkimber@REDACTED<mailto:mkimber@REDACTED>> wrote:
I'm trying to build Erlang R15B01 on Centos 5.8. I have done this twice before as a root user on two other servers with out issue. However on this production server I have to use sudo and when I run sudo make I get the following error:

=== Entering application hipe
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/kana/Downloads/otp_src_R15B01/lib/hipe/rtl'
(cd ../main && make hipe.hrl)
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/kana/Downloads/otp_src_R15B01/lib/hipe/main'
sed -e "s;%VSN%;3.9.1;" ../../hipe/main/hipe.hrl.src > ../../hipe/main/hipe.hrl
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/kana/Downloads/otp_src_R15B01/lib/hipe/main'
erlc -W  +debug_info +inline -o../ebin hipe_rtl.erl
pthread/ethr_event.c:98: Fatal error in wait__(): Function not implemented (38)
make[3]: *** [../ebin/hipe_rtl.beam] Aborted
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kana/Downloads/otp_src_R15B01/lib/hipe/rtl'
make[2]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kana/Downloads/otp_src_R15B01/lib/hipe'
make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kana/Downloads/otp_src_R15B01/lib'
make: *** [secondary_bootstrap_build] Error 2

Any one have any ideas of why I'm getting the above? I've googled and the main work around's seem to be trying different released of Erlang, which as I have already proved it cane b installed on Centos 5.8 I'd rather not have to go back and downgrade my other servers.

Thanks

Mike