[erlang-questions] Detailed usage about the erl -detached, -remsh, run_erl, to_erl

Barco You barcojie@REDACTED
Thu Apr 12 12:26:15 CEST 2012

Dear Erlangers,

Although erlang doc has descriptions regarding these commands, but it's
difficult to know how to use them in practice.

I googled but cannot find details of their usage.

Hope I can find answers at least for the following issues:

1. by using "erl -detached", if not indicating "-setcookie", how can I
connect to this node console by using "-remsh"?
2. After successfully connect to the console of "erl -detached" through
"-remsh" how can I quit from the console but keep the node still running
which started by "erl -detached"?
3. If use run_erl to start a node, how can I connect to its console through
"to_erl"? needing to indicate "-setcookie"?
4. Same as question 2, how to quit the to_erl without interrupting the node
started by "run_erl"?
5. What's the difference between these to way to start erl program at
backgroud?

Appreciate all kinds of answers!

Regards,
Barco