[erlang-questions] Erlang accepting SSL connection is really slow (comparing to C++)

Morgan Segalis msegalis@REDACTED
Tue Apr 10 20:14:03 CEST 2012

Hi Ingela !

Le 10 avr. 2012 à 20:04, Ingela Andin a écrit :

> Hi!
>
>> After looking around on other SSL server created in erlang, it seems that
>> they use some kind of driver for SSL/TLS connection, my examples are
>> RabbitMQ and EjabberD.
>> Nowhere there is ssl:ssl_accept in their Erlang code, I haven't investigate
>> a lot, but it seems they have created their own driver in order to upgrade
>> the TCP Socket to a SSL/TLS one.
>> Is that because there is an issue with Erlang's module SSL ? Does anyone
>> know why they are using custom driver for SSL/TLS ?
>
> I am pretty sure this is because the old ssl-implementation did not
> support SSL/TLS upgrade.
>
> Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team Ericsson AB

Thank you for answering, I guess you are right, I have not thought about old implementation.
However it seems that using C for SSL is faster, don't you think, or maybe the issue is coming from something else.

--
Morgan