[erlang-questions] Push a message to cowboy websockets

Barco You barcojie@REDACTED
Sat Apr 7 15:50:48 CEST 2012

Hi AD,

I also tried to implement a websocket broadcast as you did in this mail.
but I got crash in websocket_info as following. Could you please show me
your complete code? thanks!

my code is:

websocket_init(_Any, Req, []) ->
    gproc:reg({p, l,{?MODULE, ?BC}}),
    Req2 = cowboy_http_req:compact(Req),
    {ok, Req2, undefined, hibernate}.

websocket_handle({text, Msg}, Req, State) ->
    broadcast(Msg),
    {reply, {text, << "You said: ", Msg/binary >>}, Req, State, hibernate};
websocket_handle(_Any, Req, State) ->
    {ok, Req, State}.

websocket_info({_Pid, {_Module, ?BC}, Msg}, Req, State) ->

    {reply, {text, <<Msg>>}, Req, State, hibernate}.

broadcast(Msg) ->
    gproc:send({p, l, {?MODULE, ?BC}}, {self(), {?MODULE, ?BC}, Msg}).

** Handler websocket_handler terminating in websocket_info/3

   for the reason error:badarg
** Message was {<0.113.0>,{websocket_handler,
"broadcast"},<<"hello server!">>}
** Options were []
** Handler state was undefined
** Request was [{socket,#Port<0.940>},
                {transport,cowboy_tcp_transport},
                {connection,keepalive},
                {pid,<0.113.0>},
                {method,'GET'},
                {version,{1,1}},
                {peer,undefined},
                {host,undefined},
                {host_info,undefined},
                {raw_host,<<"localhost">>},
                {port,80},
                {path,undefined},
                {path_info,undefined},
                {raw_path,<<"/websocket">>},
                {qs_vals,undefined},
                {raw_qs,<<>>},
                {bindings,undefined},
                {headers,[]},
                {p_headers,[]},
                {cookies,[]},
                {meta,[{websocket_version,13}]},
                {body_state,waiting},
                {buffer,<<>>},
                {resp_state,done},
                {resp_headers,[]},
                {resp_body,<<>>},
                {urldecode,{#Fun<cowboy_http.urldecode.2>,crash}}]
** Stacktrace: [{websocket_handler,websocket_info,3,
                    [{file,"src/websocket_handler.erl"},{line,39}]},
                {cowboy_http_websocket,handler_call,7,
                    [{file,"src/cowboy_http_websocket.erl"},{line,389}]}]