[erlang-questions] character output problems

Magnus Klaar magnus.klaar@REDACTED
Sat Apr 7 01:20:20 CEST 2012

Hi!

It looks like your input is being converted to a multibyte character
encoding (such as utf-8, which we're most likely looking at in the second
version) on its way from your brower, via the database and back to your
browser. I must admit that i'm no expert and i did have to double check the
terminology on wikipedia, but both the Ä and Å characters in the output has
an extra character tucked on, coincidentally these two characters are
encoded as 196 and 197 in latin1, both valid values for a "leading byte"
which are expected to be followed by one "continuation byte".

TLDR; Are you declaring the correct charset in your markup?

MVH Magnus