[erlang-questions] Troll bait: If your code really matters, you'll write it in C++

james james@REDACTED
Wed Apr 4 22:44:07 CEST 2012

> A question here, though.  As I understand it, AQMP is primarily used in the financial world, or at least particularly favored there.  Is this true?  And if so, which implementations are particularly popular?

Well, its hard to say.  I've never seen it used, but then I don't work
at JPMorgan.  RedHat's sponsorship of Apache AMQP should help, but it
doesn't seem widely used.

I did have interest in it (from a 'bet I could write one of those' hobby
perspective) but the history seems unfortunate and the very significant
changes between the definition between 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0 don't bode well
IMO.  Maybe its a sleeper - its certainly nice to see something
specified with a wire format rather than a borken API in a language you
don't want to use (for everything). iMatix throwing their toys around
and doing zeromq didn't help, though they seem to be having 'issues'
with process on that too.

Maybe it will gain some traction once there are multiple 1.0 broker and
client implementations and a compatibility festival can be had the same
way the IIOP CORBA compatibility was demonstrated.

There are more Solace jobs on CWJobs than AMQP (more than zero isn't hard!).