[erlang-questions] crypto in erlang and javascript

David Goehrig dave@REDACTED
Fri Sep 30 19:07:46 CEST 2011

I've read this but disagree with the basic premise. The author assumes the purpose of crypto is to secure the system. It is not. The purpose of crypto is to increase the cost beyond the point of reasonable benefit for the effort.

Yes I may be able to inject JS to defeat your crypto scheme, but so what!  If I can inject JS code I can grab all of your keystrokes and log them to my server.

I on the otherhand don't want to store your cats name in my DB, and store it all over my server logs.  You know that cats name you use on all your accounts.

-=-=- dave@REDACTED -=-=-