[erlang-questions] Common Test Hooks

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Fri Sep 30 14:48:08 CEST 2011

Hi Ola!

Just letting you and everyone else know that there will be a small
interface change (return value of init callback) in R14B04 with CTHs in
order to allow priority inbetween CTHs. I have also planned to extend
the priority feature to be more flexible duing execution of a suite so
that one could run hooks in one order during init_per_* and another
during end_per_*. Besides this change nothing more is planned right now,
though suggestions on improvements are more than welcome!

CTH will remain alpha until the R15 release and then be put in final
version.

Regarding creative uses of hooks, we at OTP use them to compile C code
in SUITE_data directories which are then used to test various interface
functionality within the erlang emulator.

Lukas
Erlang/OTP team