[erlang-questions] now fares node.js ideas vs. erlang otp ideas?

CGS cgsmcmlxxv@REDACTED
Thu Sep 22 10:40:54 CEST 2011

There is nothing really new, except, maybe, for the idea itself. I've
watched some of their presentations and they admitted that they didn't
invent anything new, but just converging technologies. They use better the
threading system (it's faster to reuse a thread than to create a new thread
in linux, even if here many of you will jump on me - just try it before
doing that), so the events seem to be processed when they occur, and not
delayed by the time to spawn a thread.

I do not deny the idea itself which I consider it magical. To have the same
language back and frontend makes the life of a programmer much easier.
Still, there are few disadvantages in programming under JavaScript, but
that's not the point of this subject.

Node.js is "young". By now they used the existing technology and that gave
them a good start. Personally, I will follow their development with interest
and I am wishing them to remain on the market and not to suffer the faith of
the other attempts in that field.