[erlang-questions] Erlang release names and versions

Sam Bobroff sam@REDACTED
Wed Sep 21 06:32:15 CEST 2011

Thanks a lot for the tips but I already knew most of it -- I must
admit that I was attempting to provoke a more "official" answer from
one of the OTP people ;-)

Does anyone from the OTP team wish to comment on my original question?

All I can get so far is: the provided code and documentation is either
wrong or doesn't work so you have to build your own, although some
other people have started doing that.

That's a pretty poor official answer for how to release Erlang
applications, especially when it is strongly tied to code reloading
(one of Erlang's "killer features"... if only anyone could understand
how to use it).

Thanks,
Sam.