[erlang-questions] Rough thought on a P2P package distribution model for Erlang

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Wed Sep 21 01:43:40 CEST 2011

I'm not saying it is any different. I'm just outlining a distribution
system for packages which is an alternative to the more tradition tiered
ftp or http site mirrors. Even in the sense I'm outlining it's not that
novel. One linux distribution, rubyx, used a similar model. Their
package distribution program was called  "white water".  The project
appears to be dead as the website seems to be unresponsive.

As you point out these systems "have been around for a very long time"
so why aren't we making better use of these technologies for things like
this?

Jeff.