[erlang-questions] Mnesia repair is failing

Gordon Guthrie gordon@REDACTED
Thu Sep 15 14:05:58 CEST 2011

Folks

The system crashed on me due to memory and left Mnesia in a state.

On restart it goes into repair mode then then crashes out with:

** FATAL ** {error,
                 {"Cannot open dets table",
                  'temp-dla3.hypernumbers.com&80&logging',
                  [{file,
                       "/hn/hypernumbers/var/db/temp-dla3.hypernumbers.com
&80&logging.DAT"},
                   {keypos,2},
                   {repair,true},
                   {type,bag}],
                  {no_more_space_on_file,
                      "/hn/hypernumbers/var/db/temp-dla3.hypernumbers.com
&80&logging.DAT.TMP"}}}

I am presuming that while the mnesia table is OK the underlying dets table
created as part of the repair is just too damn big and breaks the 2GB limit
on dets.

What do I do now?

It is only a logging table so I could trash it, but I need to bring the
system up. Can I start Mnesia and do stuff to the schema to take it out
without kicking off the repair function?

Gordon

--
Gordon Guthrie
CEO hypernumbers