[erlang-questions] Garbage Collector Details

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Fri Sep 9 19:55:50 CEST 2011

That was a fantastically interesting description of the VM internals! Thank
you very much!

1. Allocate/Grab a new heap fragment.

Is there a global lock for allocating these fragments, or is the heap
fragment allocator smarter than this? How is contention for this allocator
resolved?

Sincerely,

jw

--
Americans might object: there is no way we would sacrifice our living
standards for the benefit of people in the rest of the world. Nevertheless,