[erlang-questions] Strange behaviour of =:= applied to int and int64

Sverker Eriksson sverker@REDACTED
Fri Sep 9 18:43:22 CEST 2011

Magnus Henoch wrote:
>> I'm more interested in fixing this behaviour in future releases than
>> patching BEAM myself, because I can easily avoid this error. Is
>> there any hope for this?
>>

> Yes, the patch in question has been applied to the dev branch:
>
> https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/dev/erts/emulator/beam/erl_nif.c
>
> and will thus appear in R14B04, due to be released on 5th October IIRC.
>
> Regards,

The mentioned patch in dev for R14B04 does only apply for halfword emulator:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/1c0966044b66d20f3f6607e91076e0a61918f1a4

So... are you running halfword emulator, Dmitry.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP