[erlang-questions] Problem with debugger:start()

Brent Fulgham bfulgham@REDACTED
Tue Sep 6 20:08:27 CEST 2011

Hi Rommel,

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Rommel Garcia <groups.erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thanks Brent! Please let me know once it's ready for download... Appreciate
> all the help guys!

I've checked in a few updates to the erlang port to help with this problem.

1. Please be sure your libxml2 and libxslt libraries are built with
the "+universal" variant. The Portfile syntax does not provide a
mechanism to ensure that dependencies are built with specific variant
state, so you must do this manually.

2. If you build erlang with +wxwidgets, you will get a 32-bit build of
the VM.  This allows you to run the wx examples.

3. I also updated ESDL, so you can play with that as well.  It also
requires a 32-bit build because it relies on wx for its OpenGL
support.

I tried to get Wings to build as well, but am running into a problem
with the erl_steal_main_thread symbol, which is provided by the Erlang
VM, but cannot be found by Wings for some reason. :-(

Hopefully this will get you back to studying with the Armstrong book :-)

-Brent