[erlang-questions] building erlang/otp dev on mac os x?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Sep 5 17:40:47 CEST 2011

On 09/05/11 18:22, Paul Fisher wrote:
> Just a follow-up on this.  Installing gcc 4.5.3 from macports, allows the current dev branch to build and pass most of the tests.

I do not have a Mac and for this reason perhaps I should not really
care, but if I had one I would have found this information a bit
uninformative.

The interesting question is whether the dev branch passes at least all
tests as those when compiled with -O0, i.e. whether the optimization
passes in the updated macports compiler are still causing trouble for
(parts of) Erlang/OTP or not.

If not, either the compiler or Erlang/OTP needs fixing. Till then I
would recommend to all MacOS users to keep using -O0 anyway.

Kostis