[erlang-questions] Installing no source...

Matthew Evans mattevans123@REDACTED
Wed Nov 30 19:09:52 CET 2011

Hi,
Something  I've not noticed before.
I was doing an install of R14B04 on an old Ubuntu 8.10 box using the standard "./configure && make && sudo make install" commands.
I noticed that the installed release in /usr/local/lib/erlang contains all the *erl sources as well as the *beam files.
Is there anyway not to do this and only deploy the beam files (other than manually removing them post-install)? I can't see anything obvious in the guide.
Thanks
Matt