[erlang-questions] compiling a module never returns

Martin Dimitrov mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Thu Nov 17 22:35:55 CET 2011

Hello,

The ASN.1 file I am trying to compile is called
GenericChargingDataTypes.asn and it has quite a few dependencies. I
include them in the attached zip file. The warning/errors print out I
get follows. No return, though :)

Martin

c:\Temp\test code\asn.1>erl
Eshell V5.8.5  (abort with ^G)
1> asn1ct:compile('GenericChargingDataTypes.asn').
asn1error:251:'GenericChargingDataTypes':'Diagnostics'
{asn1,
    {not_exported,
        {{module,5,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',[],'IMPLICIT',
             {exports,
                 [{'Externaltypereference',18,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'RoamingNotAllowedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',19,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'CallBarredParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',20,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'CUG-RejectParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',21,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'SS-IncompatibilityCause'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',22,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'PW-RegistrationFailureCause'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',23,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'SM-DeliveryFailureCause'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',24,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'SystemFailureParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',25,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'DataMissingParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',26,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'UnexpectedDataParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',27,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'FacilityNotSupParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',28,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'OR-NotAllowedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',29,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'UnknownSubscriberParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',30,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'NumberChangedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',31,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'UnidentifiedSubParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',32,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'IllegalSubscriberParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',33,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'IllegalEquipmentParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',34,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'BearerServNotProvParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',35,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'TeleservNotProvParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',36,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'TracingBufferFullParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',37,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'NoRoamingNbParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',38,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'AbsentSubscriberParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',39,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'BusySubscriberParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',40,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'NoSubscriberReplyParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',41,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ForwardingViolationParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',42,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ForwardingFailedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',43,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ATI-NotAllowedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',44,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'SubBusyForMT-SMS-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',45,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'MessageWaitListFullParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',46,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'AbsentSubscriberSM-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',47,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'AbsentSubscriberDiagnosticSM'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',48,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ResourceLimitationParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',49,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'NoGroupCallNbParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',50,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'IncompatibleTerminalParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',51,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ShortTermDenialParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',52,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'LongTermDenialParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',53,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'UnauthorizedRequestingNetwork-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',54,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'UnauthorizedLCSClient-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',55,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'PositionMethodFailure-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',56,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'UnknownOrUnreachableLCSClient-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',57,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'MM-EventNotSupported-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',58,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ATSI-NotAllowedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',59,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'ATM-NotAllowedParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',60,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'IllegalSS-OperationParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',61,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'SS-NotAvailableParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',62,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'SS-SubscriptionViolationParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',63,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'InformationNotAvailableParam'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',64,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'TargetCellOutsideGCA-Param'},
                  {'Externaltypereference',65,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                      'OngoingGroupCallParam'}]},
             {imports,
                 [{'SymbolsFromModule',
                      [{'Externaltypereference',70,'MAP-SS-DataTypes',
                           'SS-Status'}],
                      {'Externaltypereference',71,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                          'MAP-SS-DataTypes'},
                      undefined},
                  {'SymbolsFromModule',
                      [{'Externaltypereference',75,'MAP-CommonDataTypes',
                           'SignalInfo'},
                       {'Externaltypereference',76,'MAP-CommonDataTypes',
                           'BasicServiceCode'},
                       {'Externaltypereference',77,'MAP-CommonDataTypes',
                           'NetworkResource'},
                       {'Externaltypereference',78,'MAP-CommonDataTypes',
                           'AdditionalNetworkResource'}],
                      {'Externaltypereference',79,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                          'MAP-CommonDataTypes'},
                      undefined},
                  {'SymbolsFromModule',

[{'Externaltypereference',84,'MAP-SS-Code','SS-Code'}],
                      {'Externaltypereference',85,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                          'MAP-SS-Code'},
                      undefined},
                  {'SymbolsFromModule',
                      [{'Externaltypereference',89,'MAP-ExtensionDataTypes',
                           'ExtensionContainer'}],
                      {'Externaltypereference',90,'MAP-ER-DataTypes',
                          'MAP-ExtensionDataTypes'},
                      undefined}]},
             undefined,
             {['RoamingNotAllowedParam','AdditionalRoamingNotAllowedCause',

'RoamingNotAllowedCause','CallBarredParam','CallBarringCause',
               'ExtensibleCallBarredParam','CUG-RejectParam',
               'CUG-RejectCause','SS-IncompatibilityCause',
               'PW-RegistrationFailureCause',

'SM-EnumeratedDeliveryFailureCause','SM-DeliveryFailureCause',
               'AbsentSubscriberSM-Param','AbsentSubscriberDiagnosticSM',
               'SystemFailureParam','ExtensibleSystemFailureParam',
               'FailureCauseParam','DataMissingParam','UnexpectedDataParam',
               'FacilityNotSupParam','OR-NotAllowedParam',
               'UnknownSubscriberParam','UnknownSubscriberDiagnostic',
               'NumberChangedParam','UnidentifiedSubParam',
               'IllegalSubscriberParam','IllegalEquipmentParam',
               'BearerServNotProvParam','TeleservNotProvParam',
               'TracingBufferFullParam','NoRoamingNbParam',
               'AbsentSubscriberParam','AbsentSubscriberReason',
               'BusySubscriberParam','NoSubscriberReplyParam',
               'ForwardingViolationParam','ForwardingFailedParam',
               'ATI-NotAllowedParam','ATSI-NotAllowedParam',
               'ATM-NotAllowedParam','IllegalSS-OperationParam',
               'SS-NotAvailableParam','SS-SubscriptionViolationParam',
               'InformationNotAvailableParam','SubBusyForMT-SMS-Param',
               'MessageWaitListFullParam','ResourceLimitationParam',
               'NoGroupCallNbParam','IncompatibleTerminalParam',
               'ShortTermDenialParam','LongTermDenialParam',
               'UnauthorizedRequestingNetwork-Param',
               'UnauthorizedLCSClient-Param',
               'UnauthorizedLCSClient-Diagnostic',
               'PositionMethodFailure-Param',
               'PositionMethodFailure-Diagnostic',
               'UnknownOrUnreachableLCSClient-Param',
               'MM-EventNotSupported-Param','TargetCellOutsideGCA-Param',
               'OngoingGroupCallParam'],
         'PositionMethodFailure-Diagnostic'}}}
asn1error:382:'GenericChargingDataTypes':'SMSResult'